SNAP 2012 -2013 is short for Symbiosis National Aptitude test. SNAP 2012 score is essential for admission into the postgraduate institutes of the Symbiosis International University. Short listed candidates will then have to clear the individual selection process of the Symbiosis Institute from where they desire to undertake their higher education. This test is held under the guidance of SIEC Deemed University.
SNAP 2012 - 2013 Test Format
SNAP 2012 Test consists of 150 objective type questions. Every question lists 4 responses out of which you have to select the right answer. For every wrong answer, 25% marks will be deducted. The duration of SNAP 2012 - 2013 entrance exam is 120 minutes.
SNAP 2012 admission test consists of 4 sections which are explained in the table given below-
|Section ||No of Questions ||Total Marks |
|Analytical and Logical Reasoning ||30 ||60 |
|Quantitative, Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency ||40 ||40 |
|General Awareness: General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Business Scenario ||40 ||40 |
|General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability ||40 ||40 |
|Total ||150 ||180 |
SNAP 2012 - 2013 Admission Test Eligibility Criteria
You should be a graduate from a recognised university with a minimum score of 50%. For candidates belonging to SC/ST category a score of 45% in graduation is essential to apply for the SNAP 2012 test.
SNAP Test Registration Procedure
- You can register online at www.snaptest.org. You can generate your ID card through this by selecting the payment option and submitting the application fees of Rs. 800
- The registration process generally takes place in the month of April
SNAP 2012 Test Mode Of Payment
- Demand Draft
- Online Payment through Credit Card
Please note - Application fees is non-refundable. Currently, the application fees is Rs. 800 (subject to change).
SNAP 2012 - 2013 Entrance Exam Tips and Strategies
Symbiosis National Aptitude test or SNAP test follows the pattern of the CAT entrance test. SNAP 2012 test is quiet competitive in nature considering the number of students undertaking it. Read the points mentioned below to make the journey to the Symbiosis Institute easier and successful.
- To begin with, list down all the topics to be covered. Systematic preparation is essential for SNAP as it deals with varied topics
- Review previous years SNAP test. This gives you an accurate idea about the kind of questions and the difficulty level of the exam
- Remember hard work really is the key to success. There is no substitute for regular and consistent practice
- Start revising with the topics you have a good understanding of. Skip the complex subjects or topics for later
- A thorough understanding of the basics is important especially for clearing the mathematics section. You should focus on the process that leads to the correct answer
- Read a lot of newspapers, magazines and even short stories or books. Devoting at least half an hour to reading will help in increasing your reading speed
- For ensuring that you perform well in the English comprehension section, it is advised that you read the editorial section of a renowned newspaper. After the first reading make a summary of it in not more than 4-5 lines. Re-read the editorial again to cross-check that you have not missed any main points
- From the same editorial you can mark unfamiliar words and check the dictionary for their meaning
- Data interpretation questions involve extensive graphs and data. The best and only way to understand and easily comprehend these questions is to regularly practice for this section
- Take as many mock SNAP tests as you can. This will help build speed and give you the true picture of how prepared you are for the final hurdle. However, start with mock SNAP test only when you have got a good understanding of the basics
SNAP 2012-2013 Registration & Other Important Dates
Date for receipt of SNAP 2012 Application Forms : November 20, 2012
Date of SNAP 2012 2013 Entrance Exam : December 16, 2012
Date of SNAP 2012 - 2013 Result : January 10, 2013