Body_shadow_left Body_shadow_right

Study in Canada

Pursue your higher studies from a country which has been ranked by UN as one of the best places to live in the world. Get opportunity to work for up to one year after completion of your degree or diploma

Online Practice Tests

Get ready to study abroad by preparing for tests!
More Exams




Questions & Answers with our expert counsellors


sir,i completed my bhms this year and i want to go canada for furhther study...

sir,i completed my bhms this year and i want to go canada for furhther study .tell me is there any course in canada who is suitable for me.can i do mba in hospital management from any canadian university on the basis of my bhms?is ielts is okey for mba canada?
Asked by G. sandhu, over 3 years ago under Canada MBA


Hello Gurjeet,

While International English Language Testing Systems-IELTS is acceptable in Canada, if you are considering a Management degree then you need to consider the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) as well.

The Canadian universities seek the completion of 16 years of formal education while considering higher education at the Masters level. Since you have earned a Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS) degree you do meet with the minimum academic qualification required for the MBA program.

However, as per the information provided, I perceive you do not have work experience. Please note majority of the B-schools in Canada ask for a minimum work experience of at least two years and this could be a cause of worry while considering the desired degree and though there are handful of universities that do not require work experience. However, sometimes the requirement of work experience is waived off in lieu of some facts like excellent scores on the GMAT, academic records etc.

Similarly there are handful of universities that do not require GMAT. However, considering B-schools that do not require GMAT and work experience will be narrowing down your options. For instance, Athabasca University does not require GMAT scores but seek at least three years of work experience. I would hence recommend you earn substantial work experience back home, prepare for the specified tests and then apply for the B-schools in Canada or even other locations.

You may however try and consider Vancouver Island University. Think on the above stated and do get back to us for further guidance.

Take care!
Deepti_counsellor Response by T. Jain
StudyPlaces Counsellor
over 3 years ago