Top 5 recruiters of Computer Science students in India
Computer Science is one of the most sought after fields of engineering as it has the highest job prospects than compared to other fields of engineering. With India touted as a major IT hub, computer engineering students find no dearth of well-paying jobs. Let us check out top five recruiters of IT/ Computer Science engineering graduates of India-:
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS): Founded in 1968, TCS is one of India’s largest corporate houses. It is also India’s largest IT employer with staff strength of 111,000 employees. Every year, TCS hires many students across the country.
- Wipro: What started off as a vegetable oil manufacturer company, Wipro is today a $5 billion revenue generating IT, BPO and R&D services organisation with presence in over 50 countries. The company was started with the ‘idea of building an organisation which was deeply committed to values, in the firm belief that success in business would be its inevitable, eventual outcome. The company has over 72,000 employees.
- Infosys: Under the leadership of N R Narayana Murthy, the company has become a global brand. It is one of the most respected IT giants of the country, which trains thousands of students every year in their Hyderabad and Mohali campuses. Infosys hires many engineering students across the country every year and offer them a starting salary of Rs 15,000 every month during training.
- HCL Technologies: HCL is a leading global technology player with annual revenues of $4.9 billion. The HCL Enterprise comprises two companies listed in India, HCL Technologies and HCL Infosystems. Founded in 1976, HCL is one of ‘India’s original IT garage start ups’. It recruits students from good engineering colleges and pays them a handsome salary.
- L&T Infotech: L&T Infotech is a global IT services and solutions provider. It is a subsidiary company of is Larsen & Toubro Ltd. (L&T), an engineering, manufacturing and construction conglomerate with global operations.
Most computer science students are able to grab jobs after their graduation. Many students of prestigious IITs and NITs bag lucrative offers from Google, Facebook or Microsoft. These lucky students can then get a salary up to Rs 40 to 50 lakh. On an average, a fresh computer science graduate earns anything between Rs 3.5 to 4 lakhs per annum. The highest pay offered in most cases is Rs 10 lakhs per annum.