Top 10 engineering colleges in USA
The USA is one of the most preferred study destinations for international students. The USA has the world’s largest international student population, with nearly 600,000 students choosing USA as their study destination to pursue their further studies. Almost 4% of all students enrolled in higher-level education are international students, and the number is growing every year.
Every year a large number of students from different parts of the world come to pursue their higher education in USA. Getting admission in one of the US colleges is not an easy task for the international students. US vocational conduct tests for the students willing to get admission in US colleges. The colleges in US are ranked according to their competitiveness and reputation. The fact remains that the private colleges of the country are more popular than their public counterparts. Admission criteria in USA colleges require good academic grades which the students have earned in their high school courses. A few things that should be taken care of include the student’s GPA, ranking in the class and Standardized Test Scores (like SAT or ACT tests). However, there are many colleges which also consider the subjective factor while giving admission.
Students pursue various courses in USA according to their interest and future prospects. A big number of students take admission in science and engineering courses in the US. The country offers all type of engineering courses to students. As a student you can get enrol in undergraduate, post graduate, diploma or post graduate diploma course, apart from these full time degree courses one can also pursue short duration courses like foundation course in engineering. The duration of these programs may vary from courses to course. In US you can study courses such as Robotic engineering, Aerospace engineering, Environmental Health engineering, Software engineering etc. Here is the list of top engineering colleges in USA:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology: The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) is a private research university located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. MIT is well acclaimed for its research prowess.
- Stanford University: Located in Palo Alto, California Stanford is a peer school of MIT. Stanford is not only known for its research capabilities, but also for its close links with the industry.
- University of California, Berkeley: UCB produces several top researcher and scientists.
- Georgian Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech): The institute is located in Atlanta; GA Tech is one of the best core engineering schools. Georgia Georgia Tech is currently classified by The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching as a university with very high research activity.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign: The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) is public research university in the state of Illinois. Engineering at Illinois consistently ranks amongst the top five such engineering colleges in the United States by the U.S. News and World Report.
- California Institute of Technology: The California Institute of Technology is a private research university located in Pasadena, California. Caltech is ranked in the top ten universities worldwide by metrics such as citation index, Nobel Prizes, and general university rankings.
- Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh: Carnegie Mellon University is a private research university in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The university is known for its academic rigor.
- University of Southern California: The Viterbi School of Engineering (formerly the USC School of Engineering) is located at the University of Southern California. The Viterbi School of Engineering is currently ranked No. 7 nationally by U.S. News and World Report.
- Cornell University: Cornell is a private university located in Ithaca, New York. Cornell's College of Engineering is highly considered in the engineering community, and has been ranked as being one of the top engineering programs in the nation by several rankings.
- University of Michigan Ann Arbor, MI: The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor is a public research university located in the state of Michigan.